chocolate = bliss, divine, I-love-you-even-if-you-are-fat
burfi = awesome, drool, dribble
chocolate+burfi = Heaven
Now that the technical part is all done lets get down to business of making this piece of heaven.
Ingredients: Source- Amma
1 tin condensed milk
Cashewnuts a handful
Cocoa powder 1/2 C
Sugar 3/4 C
1) Grease a plate or baking pan.
2) Toast the cashew nuts.
3) Add the condensed milk, cocoa powder, butter and sugar in a kadai or thick-bottom vessel.
4) Start to stir on low heat.
5) Stir, stir, stir...
6) The mixture will start to thicken and your arms will beg you to stop. Don't. You are burning 20Cal/min, keep going. Add the cashew nuts at this stage.
7) The mixture will start to come together as a ball- don't over do it, you will end up with chocolate itty-bitties!
8) Immediately pour into the greased plate.
9) Smooth the surface.
10) Cut it into the size and shape you want.
11) Cool completely.
If you find that when you cut the slices, the mixture is still gooey, take it back to the heat and stir again. If it crumbles horribly...well...then...its chocolate chips :|
I have not altered the pictures in anyway, they are straight out of the camera, so you should get the same colour!