3 tsp cocoa powder
250g all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp honey
for the cream:
50g powdered sugar
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1) Preheat oven to 375 F.
2) Cream the softened butter and sugar till fluffy and light. Mix in the honey.
3) Sieve the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
4) Mix the dry and wet ingredients together to form a soft dough (add milk if it doesn't form the dough).
5) Roll out the dough on a parchment paper covered surface. Cut into 2" long biscuits.
6) Sprinkle sugar on the biscuits and bake for 15-20 mins.
7) Cool on a wire rack.
8) Mix the butter, sugar and cocoa powder and smear it on the cooled biscuit. Cover it with another biscuit.
1) The biscuit by itself was very crisp but a bit too sweet (I wonder why!). Next time I'm going to decrease the quantity of sugar and up the amount of cocoa instead.
2) I would increase the quantity of cocoa in the cream also next time. Or omit the cream totally!
I cannot recollect the taste of the biscuits that my mom made, but if it were this sweet then its no wonder why we got all hyper when she took out that over of hers!!
Blogs dictate my dinner menu (somedays!). Arch posted her kasuri methi aloo gobi today and I made it for dinner.
Very, very tasty! Get the recipe here, thanks Arch!