12 noon, you are working seriously when your colleague starts off , "My daughter loves cupcakes. She has been clamoring for cupcakes for a week. I think I will make cupcakes today. But I can't decide between vanilla or chocolate cupcakes. My husband loves cupcakes also...." After hearing this (and if you are still sane) all one can think of is...CUPCAKES. I don't know if this applies to all of you, but it sure does to me. But in my case that colleague was Sakshi- she even went on to say "The cupcakes are in the oven..." grrr... I could not pipette or set up any further experiments. Came back home looked at all my baking books and hit upon this one,
Chocolate cupcakes: yields 14-16 cupcakes
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 C APF
1/2 C cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C water
1/2 C buttermilk
1) Cream the butter and sugar till soft and fluffy.
2) Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
3) Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
4) Add this to the creamed mixture alternately with water and buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
5) FIll the paper lined muffin cup two-thirds full.
6) Bake at 375 F for 12-15 min or till a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean.
It went so well with cold milk. I will have one very happy husband tonight!!
How is the weather on your side of the world? Mine looks something like this,
Paper boat anyone?
Bath time leafy!