Tag, just not very fond of that word. Tag is a word that is attached to all things unpleasant (according to me), like you know- price tag, tag with my husband to the electronic store (and look at brain numbing wires and circuits blegh!), the game Tag (in which I always lose, sob!), skin tag, tag team (wrestlers, now who would want to watch two naked mass of muscles smeared in oil fighting?! yuck!) and the blog tag (because I have to rack my brains to write something funny. Well its not compulsory to be funny but I like to be funny - whatever that means!)
Anyway, I am doing this tag only because (listen carefully people) only because Aparna (she tagged me) has promised to give me writing lessons for free!! Hallelujah!!!!
So 7 things that annoy me (I can't bother to distinguish between annoying behaviours and annoying people so it's a jumbed mix):
1) My husband J who just simply cannot chop vegetables without ensuring that the chopped pieces are all 1' by 1' pieces with pointy ends. Arghhh just cut it already, anyways it's going into the pressure cooker to become mush!
2) I can study only in pin-drop silence, any small noise bugs the hell out of me. I hate, HATE it when people sit next to me in the library and drink something. The suuuuurrrrp... followed by gulp sound is like someone drilling a hole in my brain. I usually end up moving somewhere else. No, don't even ask how I feel when they eat chips.
3) People who drip sarcasm all over and think that its overly funny. They definitely need therapy.
4) Guests who treat my house as theirs and radiate their infinite wisdom. For example, one lady opened my freezer:
"oohh, I see you have frozen the blueberries and what is this Dal? You freeze cooked dal?"
"yeah, it makes my life simpler. I just thaw the dal and can whip up a rasam or sambar in 5 mins"
"But how long is it going to take to cook dal in a pressure cooker? 5 mins no? Freezing foods is not good. The food loses its taste yada yada ...."
Arghhh...it's my house, my freezer and my dal, I can do whatever I want!!
5) Narrow minded brahmins who eat eggs in the 'hidden form' like cakes and biscuits but make a fuss when they see me eating omlettes or when I say I hate eggless cakes. Like, I just don't get that!
6) My professor's know-it-all attitude (especially about India and other developing countries)
"So how much does it cost to deliver a baby in India?'
"When I deliver a kid, I will let you know"
"No, I mean is it around 50,000 bucks?"
"Bucks is what, dollars or rupees?"
me feeling faint
"That's like 2,500,000 rupees!!! I am certain it's not so much"
"Hmm...maybe you guys don't have as much prenatal care as we do"
7) Periods. Yes, periods bug the hell out of me. The stomach cramps, the bloated feeling, the irritation, the disgust, the back-ache and everything else associated with Mother Nature's gift to womenkind. I am in a very good mind to get myself pregnant.
So my bakras who have to do this tag are (drumroll please) in alphabetical order:
1. Nags - because I like her and I read somewhere that she loves doing tags.
2. Nandu- because I like her, she hasn't done a post in a while and definitely needs a break from that Barrons' guide.
3. Rush - because I like her, she tolerates my nonsensical comments eveytime and I want to see if she can do this tag poetically :P
Last person, yeah you guessed it,
4. Sakshi - woman you need to post something. Do this please. Will knit you a sweater. And yes, I like you (sigh!).
So Aparna when we can start the writing lessons?
Added after reading your comments: If you really, rrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally like me do the tag. If not sigh.. I might have to sing "Mera jeevan kora kagaz..."